Who will be the new #1? Florida's overtime loss to Kansas really shakes up the national polls. Pittsburgh was #3 but who have they beat? UMASS at home? Ohio State? They dont even have their best player. UCLA? The Bruins would be my choice, but Im really not sure what way the voters would go.
This game should never have gone to overtime.. and this is why Bill Self is known as a great recruiter and not a great coach. His team's bonehead plays (Kaun's foul which though was a questionable call still can't happen, Wright's foul down low, and the inability to rebound the free throw miss) basically blew a 4 point lead that should have been locked up. Yes, these plays aren't directly Bill's fault, but preparation and awareness are the coaches duties.
Marchello Vealy.. not a dish at your local Italian joint, but a player who just walked into Lawrence, KS and busted the Jayhawks with an improbably 7 threes. The Oral Roberts sophomore had hit just two threes in his 31 previous career games. For Kansas, the effort was reminiscent of a Bill Self NCAA Tournament loss, but at least this one came early in the season. Kentucky struggled in their first game of the season last night.. escaping with a 57-46 win over Miami OH. Kentucky held Miami to just 31% shooting, and a crazy low 19% in the second half.. but like last year Tubby's boys just struggled to hit a shot.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1