Everyone gets so caught up in picking the perfect the team, that we sometimes forget that players win games. CollegeHoops.net predict the Most Outstanding Player and All-Tournament team.
Everybody fears losing their Elite Eight or Final Four team by the second round (did anyone besides me have Syracuse going to the Final Four in the 2005 tourney?). However, when an early upset is picked correctly, you can have a serious advantage over the rest of your competition. Let’s take a look at a few teams that could be packing their bags early on.
Aaahh, mid-March, my favorite time of the year. ESPN has finally switched to covering college basketball full-time, and I’m sweating bullets over which 12-seed will get past the first round.
Last NCAA Appearance: 2008, Second Round loss to Louisville
Odds On.. is a place for you to discuss the night's feature lines. Think some of the lines are misguided? Have upset picks to announce? Discuss tonight's lines below.
Oklahoma's Jeff Capel is one of a trio of Big 12 coaches among the 10 selected as finalists. The others are Missouri's Mike Anderson and Kansas' Bill Self. None of the 10 finalists has ever won the award.
Pattillo, a 6-6, 216-pound forward from Las Vegas, Nev., is averaging 7.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in his 11 games since coming out of redshirt status on Jan. 12. He is averaging 16.5 minutes per contest.
- OU -
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1