Huskies hold the top seed in the Pacific Life Pac-10 Tournament
As usual, a randomly timed installment of 20 random thoughts & observations about the day in college basketball:
1 - Most college basketball teams are guard oriented, but Leonard Hamilton didn't get the memo. Outside of Toney Douglas, FSU has virtually no one of much worth in the backcourt. Douglas is an underrated player, but there's too much pressure on him.
Take a wild guess who is ranked as the top coach in the Pac 10? You got it, that guy.
Heading into this Saturday it seemed like the Notre Dame Fighting Irish were well on their way to a seventh victory and a berth in either the Gator or Sun Bowl. All they had to do was beat Syracuse, playing for a recently dismissed head coach in Greg Robinson and dead last in the Big East. But while the Orange haven't played particularly well this season, you can't accuse this team of quitting. What ensued was one of the more stunning results of the day, with Syracuse stunning the Irish 24-23 on a late touchdown pass. Where do the Irish go from here?
Pac-10 Player Grades
Today's BIG PICTURE
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1