Overall Rank: #63
Rhode Island Rams
Atlantic 10 Conference (23-9, 9-7)
The Bracketology field is based on how the tourney looks "as of today." The field below is not based on who I think deserves to be in, but a prediction of what the committee would do as things stand. This week, I'll be posting Bracketology updates on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Next week I'll do daily updates.
With there still being one day left in the weekend we've gout ourselves quite the question: who should be the nation's top-ranked team when the new polls are released on Monday? The top two teams, Kansas and Kentucky, went on the road Saturday and return to their respective campuses with losses. The Jayhawks fell to an Oklahoma State team likely one marquee win away from sewing up an NCAA bid 85-77 as they were unable to slow down James Anderson (27 points, eight rebounds) and three other Cowboys who finished in double figures.
#2 Villanova vs Seton Hall
-- Villanova is obviously a tourney lock, but their main concerns are winning the Big East and earning a #1 seed.
-- Seton Hall has some nice home wins, but hasn't won a road game since November 20th at Cornell. A win over Nova would go a long way to help their dimming hopes.
#3 Kentucky vs Ole Miss
-- Kentucky, like Nova above, is all about winning the SEC and earning a #1 seed.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1