Player of the Week
Stefon Jackson – UTEP
3 Games: 28 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2 apg
Athlete Name School Position Conference
The Valley will wind out the pre-Christmas non-league slate in the next nine days with 21 non-MVC games. Thirteen of those are at home, where the league is 41-10 this season. Two games this week are featured on the ESPN family of networks, including Evansville at North Carolina on Thursday (ESPN) and Iowa at Drake (ESPNU) on Saturday.
It's also the first Big 12 Player of the Week honor for a CU student-athlete since the 2005-06 season when Richard Roby earned back-to-back honors.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Jerome Jordan, Tulsa
Junior, C, Kingston, Jamaica
Ben Woodside - North Dakota State
2 Games: 45.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 9 apg, 1 spg
The second week of December is normally a fairly slow week in the college basketball world. Colleges and universities around the country are ending their semesters and final exams are being taken by the student-athletes. After several weeks of tournaments and big-time match-ups, though, it was a nice change of pace for those who needed to catch their breath and/or get some holiday shopping done.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1