2.) The name Brian Conklin. For those not dialed in on Billiken hoops, the 6-foot-6 freshman is getting better with each game (10.2 points, 5.2 rebounds) and has been a model of efficiency for a newcomer. Conklin is averaging an incredible 1.96 points per shot; shooting better from the field (73%) than the stripe (72%).
DAYTON – Coming off a big buzzer-beater win against Miami and playing during the holidays in front of a small crowd the Wright State Raiders were prime targets to be upset at home by St. Bonaventure. With the Bonnies playing tough half-court defense the Raiders were able to avoid being upset at home by playing their own tough defense and making some timely shots to defeat St. Bonaventure 54-45.
Whenever Wright State (5-3) looked like they were going to blow the game wide open the Bonnies would whittle the score down to a one or two possession game.
ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. — Men’s basketball head coach Mark Schmidt announced on Thursday that shooting guard Chris Matthews will transfer to St. Bonaventure from Washington State University.
A 6-foot-4, 207-lb. guard, Matthews will have two seasons of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2007-08 season per NCAA transfer guidelines.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1