Rob Carpentier's "Seven Day Stretch" is a whirlwind tour around every corner of college basketball nation:
Editor's Early Preview (12/15):
Siena was supposed to be one of this season's darling mid-majors, but a disastrous showing in Orlando ruined any Top 25 chances. Now, barring a miracle, they'll just be another easy win for a Pitt team that rarely is challenged at home.
Full preview from the GameNight staff coming soon!
1 - This has unexpectedly become a weekly thing, so except 20 more random rants every Tuesday from now on.
2 - There's another Curry on the lose. Steph's brother Seth is quietly emerging as the star of an upstart Liberty squad that is 5-1. The Flames already have a win over Virginia, and just won an OT game against a quality George Mason side. Curry is already averaging 22 ppg.. as a freshman.
CollegeHoops.net's Preseason Mid-Major All-America Team is dominated by a pair of impressive guards: Stephen Curry and Patrick Mills. Not surprisingly, Curry was a unanimous pick amongst all of our voters for Mid-Major Player of the Year honors. Besides Curry and Mills, other returning 2007-08 Collegehoops.net Mid-Major All-Americans include Lester Hudson (2nd Team last year), Al Fisher (3rd Team), and Ryan Wittman (3rd Team).
College Basketball's Best Coaches
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1