Overall Rank: #30
Conference Rank: #4 Southeastern Conference
After three weeks of the ACC the SEC takes center stage on Thursday night when #4 AP/5 Coaches Ole Miss (2-0) visits Columbia to take on South Carolina (2-1, 0-1 SEC) (7:30 PM on ESPN). Houston Nutt's Rebels haven't been tested thus far in blowouts of Memphis and Southeast Louisiana, two teams that had no answers from QB Jevan Snead and company. But that's a good thing for the Rebels, who had to deal with a flu bug that's run rampant through the locker room in recent weeks. Look for Ole Miss to be more than ready for this challenge.
Downey earned numerous postseason awards, including First-Team All-SEC by the league's coaches and the Associated Press, while he also earned Honorable Mention All-American accolades by the AP. He secured another impressive season in the statistical categories in 2008-09.
The event, which is owned by ESPN Regional Television and hosted by the Southern Conference, features eight teams competing in 12 games over three days.
Joining La Salle in the Charleston Classic will be Miami (Fla.), UNC Wilmington, Penn State, South Carolina, South Florida and Tulane and a team yet to be named.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1