It can be tough to draw a distinction sometimes between the shooting guard and small forward positions at the collegiate level. So often these two spots are interchangeable, labeled simply as the two perimeter players not running the point position.
It’s not just the under-the-radar high school prospects that end up playing their college ball at non-BCS schools nowadays. 15 out of Rivals.com’s top 150 prospects for 2008 committed to non-BCS schools. Add to that the 18 players from the year before and you’ve got a serious influx of talent for the Davids to help fight off the Goliaths.
After winning a program-record 30 contests and advancing to the Elite Eight of
the NCAA Tournament, Xavier has been tabbed as the team to beat in the Atlantic
10 men's basketball race, according to a poll of Atlantic 10's head coaches and
media released Tuesday during Basketball Media Day.
Ohio @ Temple 8PM EST on ESPN2
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1