There are better college basketball conferences than the Big 12 in 2011-12.
But there are none more entertaining.
Jon Teitel: You grew up in NYC, which has produced more NBA players than any other city. What was the competition like in the Big Apple?
In the latest installment in his "Forgotten Legends" interview series CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with Rick Bullock, one of the greatest players in Texas Tech history. Bullock ranks in the top three in four major categories: points, rebounds, blocked shots and field goal percentage.
Jon Teitel: In 1972 you led your high school to the Texas state championship game before losing. How good a player were you back then, and how close did you come to winning the title?
We'll track coaching changes as they occur. If there's any missing on here, or if you have contract info to add (including salaries), please mention it in the comments section.
Latest Hiring/Firing 6/27: Not done yet; Bethune-Cookman fires Reed
Was: John Pelphrey
Is: Mike Anderson (from Missouri)
Was: Paul Hewitt
Is: Brian Gregory (from Dayton)
Was: Gary Williams
Is: Mark Turgeon (from Texas A&M)
Overall Rank: #72
Texas Tech Red Raiders
Big 12 Conference (17-15, 4-12)
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1