Duke or Carolina? BC or UMASS? Gonzaga or Washington.. or Washington State? What is the best program in each state? While there's not much competition in Hawaii.. there are great debates to be had in loaded regions like California, North Carolina, and Texas. The State of '08 is a ranking of every program in every state..
Tulsa Golden Hurricane
Tulsa Golden Hurricane
Overall Rank: #108
According to Gary Parrish of CBS Sportsline.com, Memphis sophomore Kareem Cooper and freshman Tre’von Willis are going to transfer from the Tigers. Sources close to the situation said that both players want more playing time after getting lost in the deep Memphis rotation under coach John Calipari. One source said neither player has chosen a destination, adding Cooper is "wide open" while stating Willis will "likely transfer out west." Cooper, who has had multiple off-court problems during his stint with the Tigers, averaged 4.4 points and 3.6 rebounds per game last season, while Willis averaged 2.6 points and 1.0 rebound per contest.
According to Jeff Goodman of FOXSports.com, Tulsa freshman forward Jamel McLean has announced that he will transfer to Xavier. “For me, it was the competition and the ability to develop and get better," McLean said. "They have been really good and I can see myself improving a lot." He averaged 6.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game last season.
According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Arkansas sophomore forward Cyrus McGowan has announced that he will transfer from the Razorbacks. He is leaving to find more playing time, but is not upset with the Arkansas program. “It’s not anything negative,” Florence McGowan said. “There’s no animosity.” Cyrus would have stayed if he could have redshirted, but new coach John Pelphrey said that was not an option. McGowan, who averaged less than three minutes per game last season, is the third Arkansas player to transfer since Pelphrey was hired.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1