VILLANOVA, Pa. - A potent slate of 18 BIG EAST Conference games, a December trip to New York City to meet Texas, and 13 national television appearances highlight the 2008-09 Villanova men's basketball schedule released today. The Wildcats, who advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament for the third time in four years last March, are to play 12 games against teams that reached the NCAA Tournament a season ago.
Texas will face Villanova, and Davidson will face West Virginia in the 14th annual Jimmy V Men’s Basketball Classic on Tuesday, Dec. 9, ESPN and the V Foundation announced today. The Horns and Wildcats are scheduled to tipoff at 9 p.m. Eastern at Madison Square Garden, while Davidson and West Virginia is slated for
THE GIST: As expected since April, Taylor King officially enrolls at Villanova after a season at Duke.
Big East (20-12, 9-9)
We handpick the best performances of the day, whether it be stat lines that make you drool, or clutch performances. Either way, its our way of showing the love:
20-11 (9-9 Big East)
Computer numbers (courtesy of kenpom.com, before today's games): RPI 57, SOS 56
Result: Villanova 82, Syracuse 63 in the first round of the Big East Championship.
Next up: Georgetown (Thursday Noon, ESPN)
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1