Much to Joe Lunardi's chagrin.. everyone thinks they're a bracketologist this time of year. So we asked 7 CHN writers which bubble teams will end up in the field or out.
16-9 (6-7 Big East)
Computer numbers: 53 RPI, 63 SOS (coutesy of kenpom.com)
Alright, the following two days have brought a litany of opinions concerning the end of game calls in the Villanova/Georgetown and Rutgers/Tennessee contests. But is it really cut and dry when it comes to determining which was the worse of the two? I say no, with some of the circumstances surrounding the games (and the plays themselves) needing to be considered before rendering a decisions. Here's my attempt (I assume you've seen the video of both plays, so I won't go into too much detail in describing them).
The foul call itself: Edge Villanova
Picture of the Day
In the era of the "superconference", more leagues are tipping off conference games in the month of December. Tonight, the MAAC, NEC, Ohio Valley and Horizon all had at least one conference game on tap. And with this being a blog on the northeast, I'll focus on the MAAC and NEC openers.
Niagara 89, Rider 77
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1