PAC-10 FIVE-YEAR STANDINGS
This ranking tries to answer a simple question: Who has been the best team in the Pac-10 over the last five years?
It’s the same old story in the Pac-10 this season. UCLA should once again dominate the conference and a boatload of departed talent is being replaced with a boatload of new talent.
Unlike the NBA, where most starting lineups are set in stone weeks before the
season, NCAA starting fives are highly unsettled and constantly in flux. Going
through the BCS leagues this week, I'll be projecting the starting fives for
each team. Also included is the team's most important bench option, and some
notes on other possible lineups.
SEATTLE -- More than 65 percent of the opponents that appear on the University of Washington's men's 2008-09 basketball schedule participated in postseason championship action last spring. The most successful of those was NCAA champ Kansas, the Huskies' semifinal opponent in the O'Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic.
Like civilizations, all great basketball programs eventually fall.. replaced by an upstart newcomer. In this week's Rise & Fall series, we'll take a look at which BCS programs are rising, falling, or merely treading water. Up today, the:
Picture of the Day
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1