WALNUT CREEK, Calif. - The Big 12 and Pac-10 Conferences have announced the dates and matchups for the 2009 Big 12 / Pac-10 Hardwood Series. The series will be in its third year after starting competition during the 2007-08 season.
The majority of the games are scheduled for December 3-6, with three taking place outside the four-day series window. The matchups are new for 2009, after two straight campaigns of the same home-and-away meetings. In 2010, the contests will be return games from this year and take place from December 2-5.
The Pac-10 season closed with the OREGON STATE Beavers claiming the postseason title in the College Basketball Invitational. It's the 19th postseason crown all-time for the Pac-10 (15 NCAA, 3 NIT, 1 CBI)... For the first time in Pac-10 history seven or more teams won 20 games, while it's also the first time nine or more teams finished the year with a record of .500 or better... With Oregon State's participation in the CBI, All Pac-10 teams have now participated in postseason play over the last two years...
So many games, so little time. CollegeHoops.net helps you out by cutting to the core of each Tournament game. Click on team names for stats, results, and more. "Matchup" links include helpful injury news, betting tips and information.
CollegeHoops.net's Jon Teitel spent a lot of time Monday on conference calls with some of the biggest coaches & players in college basketball. Here are highlights of what the coaches & players had to say about their team's chances in the 2009 NCAA Tournament:
Coach Lorenzo Romar
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1