In the latest installment in his "Forgotten Legends" interview series CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with Charles Brunson, the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in the history of Winthrop basketball. Brunson was a two-time NAIA All-American at the school and also ranks second in school history in field goal percentage.
Jon Teitel: You started your college career at Gardner-Webb before transferring to Winthrop after two years. Why did you decide to attend Gardner-Webb?
Overall Rank: #112
Next up in CHN writer Jon Teitel's greatest coaches series is current Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall, who is considered by many to be the greatest coach in the history of Winthrop Basketball. Before leaving for the Missouri Valley Conference, Marshall established the Eagles as the standard in the Big South, making seven NCAA Tournament appearances and winning six Big South regular season titles.
Location and Time: Dayton, OH (University of Dayton Arena); 7:30 PM
Big South Conference (19-13, 12-6)
Cornell got things started on Friday night with their third consecutive NCAA Tournament berth and three more guaranteed themselves spots in the Field of 65 on Saturday. In the most anticipated of the three finals it was Murray State picking up their 30th win of the season, dethroning defending Ohio Valley champ Morehead State 62-51 in Nashville. Isaiah Canaan scored 16 points off the bench to lead the way for Billy Kennedy's team, who will represent the OVC in the Big Dance for the first time since 2006.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1