Odds On.. is a place for you to discuss the night's feature lines. Think some of the lines are misguided? Have upset picks to announce? Discuss tonight's lines below.
Brandon Ewing - Wyoming
2 Game Averages: 25.5 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 52% FG, 61.5% 3P
Ewing has been one of the top performers in the Mountain West Conference all season long and this week was a prime example of what he can do. The 22 points on Saturday at San Diego State were nice, but the Cowboys came up short in that contest. Wednesday night though was a surprise upset of UNLV with the senior dropping 29 points on 8-16 shooting, including 5-8 from beyond the arc.
Unless you've had absolutely no access to any form of media (TV, radio, internet, newspaper, etc.), you know that yesterday's installment of the BCS standings placed Oklahoma ahead of Texas. With those two being tied along with Texas Tech atop the Big 12 South with 7-1 records that was the determining factor in sending the Sooners to take on Missouri in the Big 12 Championship Game on Saturday. But wait: didn't Texas beat Oklahoma 45-35 back on Ocotber 11th? Yes they did, so when you take that into consideration you may wonder what's up with the BCS and the Big 12's tiebreaker system.
A rivalry that in recent years switched from the Big East to the ACC takes center stage on Thursday night, as Virginia Tech (6-3, 3-2 ACC Coastal) visits Miami (6-3, 3-2) at 7:30 PM on ESPN. The winner gets a leg up in the unpredictable Coastal Division race, while the loser would be in serious trouble. Although Miami has a 16-9 advantage in the series, the Hokies have the upper hand of late winning nine of the last thirteen meetings. A star was born last Thursday night for Virginia Tech, with redshirt freshman Darren Lewis rushing for 253 yards in their win over Maryland.
Well, by now you know that two-time Championship Subdivision champ Appalachian State went into Michigan and left with a 34-32 win, closing it out with a blocked field goal with six seconds remaining. How does this happen?
Overall Rank: #83
- Following Tubby Smith's lead, Randolph Morris bolted Lexington.. siging with uber-bad GM Isiah Thomas and the Knicks. Not a bad move by the Knicks, but better for Morris.. who turned not getting drafted into a 2 year 1.6 million dollar contract. Articles proclaim Morris is a solid addition for the Knicks' "playoff push", but I can pretty much guarantee Morris will have absolutely no impact on this year's playoff race.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1