NORTH DAKOTA STATE (10-3, 3-1 Summit) AT ORAL ROBERTS (12-4, 4-0 Summit)
Time/TV: 8:05 p.m./FCS
A lot of talk surrounding this week of games for the Louisville Cardinals centered on the importance of their game with in-state rival Kentucky on Saturday afternoon. And while that game is extremely important the Cardinals still had to attend to the business of their Big East opener. Thanks to career nights from both Markel Starks and Otto Porter however it was Georgetown that took care of business, handing the Cardinals their first loss of the season by the final score of 71-68.
In the latest installment in his "Forgotten Legends" interview series CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with Centenary great Willie Jackson, the school's all-time leading scorer while also ranking second in rebounding. Aptly nicknamed "The Legend" by players when an assistant at his alma mater, Jackson is now the head coach at Loyola College Prep in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Jon Teitel: Your nickname is "Legend". Who gave it to you, and how do you like it?
Jon Teitel: At Berne HS your team went 67-0 over three straight regular seasons.
The CollegeHoops.net Mid-Major All-America teams were voted on by staff members: Jeff Borzello, Jason Brubaker, Dan Daitchman, Jeff Fox, Raphielle Johnson, Blake Hofstad, Kevin McNeill, Shawn Siegel, Jon Teitel, and Joel Welser
Ahh...but there were lessons learned on the court as well.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1