Herbert Hill, Aaron Gray, and Kentrell Gransberry have been the Big East's top big men.
Today's Dribble is all about random thoughts..
Colorado and Minnesota are the lone BCS teams under .500 at this point. The Buffs are 3-6 and have even lost 4 home games already. Richard Roby (even if he was never going to be a 1st round pick) probably wishes he went pro last summer. The Gophers are 5-8, but at least have been playing decent ball of late, having won 3 of 6.
The SWAC and the MEAC don't even have one .500 team amongst their 21 members. Alabama A&M and Florida A&M are officially 5-5 and 6-6 respectively, but each of those records include 3 wins over non-D1 teams. So basically no one is close to being .500 against D1 teams in those leagues..
Saturday signaled the beginning of the Christmas break for college basketball, with everyone pretty much taking off the following three days for time with family and friends. One result from Saturday that surprised me was Kansas 84, Boston College 66. The result wasn't a surprise, but the margin was, as the Jayhawks took over from the start. But the biggest loss for the Eagles may have been the services of star forward Jared Dudley, who aggravated a lingering left foot injury in the loss. Dudley may sit out BC's next two games, Duquesne and Northeastern, in order to regain his health in time for then ACC schedule. Add this injury to those of John Oates and Akida McLain, and you have a frontcourt that's paper-thin behind Sean Williams and Shomari Spears. Also, the injury bug puts even more emphasis what I think is the key to the Eagles' success this season: the shot selection of guard Tyrese Rice.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1