The last couple weeks of the democratic primary race made me realize that OJ Mayo is Hillary Clinton and Kevin Love is Barrack Obama. I do not mean this in terms of basketball skill, style, or personality, but instead in terms of how the media has treated the two Pac-10 freshmen.
The Report Card
Picture of the Day
2008 O'Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters Television Matchups
Friday, Feb 22
Davidson at Winthrop
UCSB at Utah State
Saturday, Feb 23
Creighton at Oral Roberts
George Mason at Ohio
Kent State at St. Mary’s (Ca.)
Marist at Cleveland State
Miami at Valparaiso
Nevada at Southern Illinois
Rider at CS Northridge
Siena at Boise State
UWM at Bradley
Virginia Commonwealth at Akron
Sunday, Feb 24
Wright State at Illinois State
2008 O'Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters Non-Television Matchups
* Times to be Announced
Albany at Canisius
There's a new thread on the message board entitled "Starting to Get the Bug." I wish I had that same feeling. Right now, the college basketball season seems more like a distant buzzing in my periphery.
I was hoping the FIBA Americas tournament would get me back into basketball mode. But then I forgot how good Team USA can be when Kobe and J-Kidd play, while squads like Argentina don't bring their top dogs.
Instead, speaking of dogs, the only bug I have is an urge to throw up every time I hear the name Michael Vick.
The best thing about the NCAA Tournament is no matter what happens, the Final Four always has an air of excitement. There are always BCS Championships, World Series and NBA Finals that no one seems to care about (i.e. last season’s World Series, the 2002 and 2003 NBA Finals, every college football game ever played besides 2005’s USC-Texas). But the Super Bowl and Final Four always draw attention (whether it be for gambling purposes or not) and this year is no different. We have last year’s champ and runner-up, the No.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1