One day after the National Title Game, I took an early stab at projecting the 2009 NCAA Tournament. Now that pro prospects have officially decided their NBA Draft fate, and with our 2008-09 Preview starting in a couple weeks, its a good time to once again take a look at next year's Dance.
Humbling.. That's the best way to describe this year's tournament. Somewhere out there, some lucky fella is boasting about getting 30 first round games right.. who knows, maybe that fella is you. But for little ole me.. the only thing I can boast about is last year. 13 of 16 Sweet Sixteen picks wasn't bad in last year's Official CHN prediction.. I thought 7 of 8 Elite Eight teams was solid as well. Nailing the finals last year wasn't shocking, but it was still correct.
But this year the castle of self-confidence is crumbling around me. Do I really know nothing about college basketball?
All season long with Daily Bracketology I project what the selection committee would do. And now we know what they did do. But what about what they should have done. Taking the 65 teams that made the Big Dance, here is the field that I would have created with actual seed in parentheses.
CollegeHoops.net Dominates Bracketology Leaderboard
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1