UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. – Richmond native Justin Harper and Darryl Cowan Jr. of Goldsboro, N.C. have signed National Letters of Intent with the University of Richmond during the early signing period, head coach Chris Mooney announced.
Harper is a 6-foot-8, 195-pound forward from Meadowbrook High in Richmond and Cowan is a 6-foot-3 guard from Eastern Wayne High in Goldsboro, N.C. The two players will join the men’s basketball program for the 2007-08 season.
University of Akron head men's basketball coach Keith Dambrot announced on Thursday that Brett McKnight, Steve Sweich and Ronnie Steward have signed national letters of intent to play at the school starting in the 2007-08 season. All three are currently in their senior season of high school.
McKnight, a 6-foot-6, 245-pound forward from Lancaster, Ohio, attends Lancaster High. McKnight averaged 12 points and six rebounds in leading Lancaster HS to a 25-2 record last season. He has been named as the fourth-best wing/forward in the state by PrepSpotlight.
Steward, a 5-foot-10, 170-pound guard from Columbus, Ohio, attends Eastmoor Academy. He averaged 18 points and six assists last season, and is on pace to be the first player at Eastmoor to score 1,000 career points. Last season he earned honorable mention all-state recognition and is a two-time first-team all-city pick and was twice named to the second-team all-district squad. Steward is the No. 2-ranked point guard in the state according to PrepSpotlight.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1