17 games last night.. seems like a good day to write capsules for all 17..
BC 85 - FSU 82 - You figure FSU just needs to stay at .500 to make the Tournament.. but they're now 2-4. Against teams not named Stetson or Georgia State, the Noles are 0-5 away from home. Lets assume they beat Wake (a lock) and Maryland (not a lock, but 80% chance) at home next week, this would get them back to .500. But then brutal road games loom against Clemson and Duke back to back, which presumably drops them back to 4-6. Will be an uphill battle from there.
Illinois 51 - Indiana 43 - This was a huge win for the Illini, who hadn't beat a decent team (let alone a ranked one) all year. This game was pretty ugly though.. good defense, scrappy play, but some pretty horrendous offense. The difference was two back to back Rich McBride threes deep in the 2nd half.. otherwise neither team was really able to hit perimeter shots. (9 of 36 threes combined).
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1