Game 1: Ohio State 67, Georgetown 60
My three keys heading into the game:
1. How would the Buckeyes defend Jeff Green?
Game two's about to tip off, so here are my three keys to the matchup between the Bruins and Gators. The winner gets Ohio Sate on Monday night.
Just a couple of minutes before Game One tips off, and here are my three keys to the game between the Hoyas and Buckeyes.
1. Defending Jeff Green. Ohio State will give this job at the start of the game to Ivan Harris, but this is no one-man job. Do we see a Ron Lewis slide over at some point, or an Othella Hunter or Matt Terwilliger come off the bench in attempts to slow down the Big East Player of the Year? Whoever gets the call throughtout the game needs to step up.
Best Performance: Greg Oden, Ohio State
One can only imagine Coach John Calipari’s reaction.
Trying to get ready for his Elite Eight showdown with the #1 team in the country, a team on a 20 game winning streak, he opens up the newspaper or turns on the TV and discovers what his star forward Joey Dorsey had been saying about his match-up with Greg Oden:
"I'm an underrated big man and he's a lot overrated as a big man."
"I'm going to have a 20-rebound night.."
"I'm Goliath… he's the little man."
Well, the Final Four is set, and with three of my picks still alive (Memphis was the other), bracket entry "rjaymoose will not win" indeed has a shot to take first place. All I need is for Florida to beat Georgetown next Monday, but both have their work cut out for them before the even get to that point. While the games were going on, there were two stories involving hoops on Tobacco Road that caught my attention.
- Yesterday's UCLA-Kansas game went just as planned. The Bruins were able to shut down Kansas' offense just like SIU did.. but unlike the Salukis, UCLA had a hot Arron Afflalo coming off two subpar games which enabled them to pull away. The only thing that's gone more according to plan is this tournament in general. I don't see Oregon or Georgetown ending that trend unforutnately..
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1