"The Best Just Got Better" – slogan for “New Coke”, 25 years ago.
In a week that saw Kentucky’s super-frosh John Wall introduce himself to the country against two national powers in North Carolina and UConn, and Texas Tech establish itself as the surprise of the young season, a bigger story got largely overlooked.
For all of you who, like me, had their brackets destroyed well before the big game, I have provided a slightly different set of lyrics. Interspersed within "One Shining Moment" are the words to my song, in parentheses - "One Sh!tty Moment". Hope you enjoy.
CBS Sports' coverage of the Final Four on Saturday, April 4 earned an average overnight household rating/share of 9.0/18, up +7% from an 8.4/16 last year.
CBS Sports' overall average overnight household rating/share for the tournament-to-date is a 6.1/13, up +7% compared to last year's 5.7/12.
There were questions in regards to just how much of a factor the pro-Michigan State crowd would be in the first semifinal. While the majority of a record 72,456 people was heard throughout the Spartans’ 82-73 victory, Connecticut had a much tougher time boxing out the five eligible players on the floor. Although the teams tied with forty-two rebounds apiece, the Spartans took advantage of their eighteen offensive caroms and controlled the flow of the game in the second half.
A couple things to note: Look how weak these teams are at small forward, and mostly at power forward as well. On the flip side, look how great all 4 of these teams are at point guard and at center (especially if I swapped Hansbrough as a center in place of Thompson).
Need help picking the Final Four? CHN writers give their National Champion & Final predictions and we try and come up with some semblance of a consensus.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1