Is there any better time of year than March? When else could millions of people sit on a couch all day long, and not feel the least bit guilty? When else could you carry on an in-depth conversation at a bar about UNC's press break or Kevin Love's outlet passes or Stephen Curry's ability to move without the ball with a total stranger... and feel like it's perfectly normal? When else could you field a phone call at 3 a.m. because a friend's team lost and they just need to vent?
After 2 weeks of Madness, we now have what teams have been shooting for all season long: a trip to the Final Four. Today, sadly Texas got demolished. My hopes increased somewhat when Texas made a run early in the second half, but Memphis proved too strong. Was picking Texas misguided on my part? Probably...but...I'm not sure I'd do it differently. Memphis vs. UCLA should be very interesting. Kansas? They had a tougher game than anyone would have expected, and hung on.
We've made our predictions, but what do other national experts and media publications have to say? Here's a sampling of what some of the big names say about the 2008 NCAA Tournament. Note that just about everyone picked UNC and UCLA to make the finals.. either we're all stupid or there's really two clear-cut favorites this year. Time will tell.
2008 Final Four
April 5 and April 7, 2008
Elite Eight: Memphis (9 votes), UNC (9 votes), UCLA (8 votes), Kansas (7 votes), Michigan St (6 votes), Georgetown (6 votes), Louisville (5 votes), Tennessee (5 votes)
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1