Best Performance: Corey Brewer, Florida
Pick your tired, beaten-to-death cliché: Defense wins championships. There’s no “I” in team. The only stat that matters is the score. He rises to the occasion. All apply to Corey Brewer, who deservingly took home the Most Outstanding Player award and a piece of college basketball history Monday night.
Florida 84, Ohio State 75
My three keys going into the game:
1. Can Greg Oden avoid foul trouble?
What happened? Oden pretty much single-handedly kept the Buckeyes in the game when it seemed like each second half three hit by the Gators would break this game wide open. Oden went for 25 and 12 on this night, playing thirty-eight of the forty minutes. Foul trouble was more of an issue for classmate Mike Conley Jr., who sat out a large portion of the first half due to two fouls.
2. Will Taurean Green play better than he did on Saturday night?
The best thing about the NCAA Tournament is no matter what happens, the Final Four always has an air of excitement. There are always BCS Championships, World Series and NBA Finals that no one seems to care about (i.e. last season’s World Series, the 2002 and 2003 NBA Finals, every college football game ever played besides 2005’s USC-Texas). But the Super Bowl and Final Four always draw attention (whether it be for gambling purposes or not) and this year is no different. We have last year’s champ and runner-up, the No.
Game 1: Ohio State 67, Georgetown 60
My three keys heading into the game:
1. How would the Buckeyes defend Jeff Green?
Game two's about to tip off, so here are my three keys to the matchup between the Bruins and Gators. The winner gets Ohio Sate on Monday night.
Just a couple of minutes before Game One tips off, and here are my three keys to the game between the Hoyas and Buckeyes.
1. Defending Jeff Green. Ohio State will give this job at the start of the game to Ivan Harris, but this is no one-man job. Do we see a Ron Lewis slide over at some point, or an Othella Hunter or Matt Terwilliger come off the bench in attempts to slow down the Big East Player of the Year? Whoever gets the call throughtout the game needs to step up.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1