This chart shows the historical "Assessed Risk" percentages for each final bracket since 1985 (the start of the 64 team tournament). Each bracket is assigned an “Assessed Risk” which evaluates the unlikelihood of the final results by measuring against past year performances of the tournament seeds.
We've made our predictions, but what do other national experts and media publications have to say? Here's a sampling of what some of the big names say about the 2008 NCAA Tournament. Note that just about everyone picked UNC and UCLA to make the finals.. either we're all stupid or there's really two clear-cut favorites this year. Time will tell.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1