2009 NBA Draft: Skills Challenge
Since the modern lottery format was started in 1994, the team with the worst record has only received the #1 pick twice. (However, the team with the best odds of getting #1 has won it 3 times due to an expansion quirk in 1996.) The past four seasons have seen a rush of mediocre, but not awful, teams winning the #1 pick. Chicago last year defied the odds with just a 1.7% chance.
Top Ten Prospects By Position
Last Updated April 21st. (Note that the status of Draft entrants is still in flux.)
Click on player for complete profile & scouting report. More profiles added daily. Ranking based on CHN's 6-star ranking system (see below)
The Story: Blake Griffin, the leading rebounder in the nation, was the only unanimous selection for the All-American team. Griffin received 71 first-team votes. The voters submit the ballots before the NCAA tournament. The Sooners were bounced from the tournament yesterday by North Carolina, led by fellow All-American Tyler Hansbrough. Hansbrough was a unanimous selection last year while also being named the consensus player of the year as a junior. This is the fourth straight season that he has earned All-American honors.
Apparently someone forgot to send Syracuse the memo that this year’s Elite Eight was going to be renamed “The Big East Invitational”. Despite the Big East dominating the outcomes of the Sweet 16 games, a couple of other conferences dominate CHN’s All-Sweet Sixteen Team.
CollegeHoops.net Sweet Sixteen MOP
After a hiatus for the holiday season stock watch is back with a look at who is rising and falling in the early part of 2009. Not much has changed at the top of the list, but with conference play getting underway, some names are starting to separate themselves as legitimate prospects.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1