Big West Conference Preview
2. UC Santa Barbara: The key for the Gauchos this season will be Loyola-Marymount transfer Orlando Johnson, who could be one of the best players in the league.
3. UC Riverside: Kyle Austin is one of the best players at the mid-major level, and he has the ability to carry this team to the top of the league.
4. Cal State Northridge: The defending champions lose two starters from last season, but return enough firepower to make another run.
5. UC Davis: The Aggies are slowly improving in the conference, and the inside-outside duo of Mark Payne and Joe Harden will make them a tough out.
6. Cal State Fullerton: The Titans return four starters from last season, including Jacques Streeter, one of the best point guards in the league.
7. UC Irvine: The three-point-happy Anteaters return a solid tandem in guard Michael Hunter and all-conference forward Eric Wise.
8. Pacific: The Tigers are always a factor in the Big West race, but they lose three starters from last season could struggle on the perimeter.
9. Cal Poly: The only team to have fewer than seven league wins last season, the Mustangs will be led by guard Lorenzo Keeler and forward Shawn Lewis.
Player of the Year: Kyle Austin, F, UC Riverside
G- Larry Anderson, Long Beach State
G- Mark Payne, UC Davis
F- T.J. Robinson, Long Beach State
F- Kyle Austin, UC Riverside
F- Eric Wise, UC Irvine
G- Lorenzo Keeler, Cal Poly
G- Jacques Streeter, Cal State Fullerton
F- Willie Galick, Cal State Northridge
F- Orlando Johnson, UC Santa Barbara
F- Joe Harden, UC Davis