A rundown of some of today's coaching news:
- UAPB head coach Van Holt resigned after six seasons at the helm. The Golden Lions finished 13-18 this year, and Holt's overall record was 50-124. This record might not look good but consider that UAPB was 4-51 in the two seasons before Holt took over.
- Besides the firing of Barry Hinson and Tim Welsh over the weekend, other relatively prominent firings in recent days include Toledo's Stan Joplin (just one season removed from being MAC Coach of the Year) and TCU's Neil Dougherty.
- Yesterday I noted that Hinson was a candidate for Mercer's opening, and the Macon Telegraph reports the other interviewee so far has been Oklahoma assistant Bob Hoffman.
- According to the Springfield New-leader, Michigan State assistant Mark Montgomery and Texas assistant Rodney Terry are possible replacements for the Missouri State job.
- Multiple outlets in Chicago reported yesterday that former Bulls coach Scott Skiles will be interviewed for the Indiana job, but he is by no means the front-runner for the position.