Part Two: Projected Standings & Player Awards
Players of the Year: QB Cullen Harper (Clemson) and DB Alphonso Smith (Wake Forest)
Coach of the Year: Tommy Bowden (Clemson)
Newcomers of the Year: RB Josh Haden (Boston College) and DE DaQuan Bowers (Clemson)
Three Best Non-Conference Games
1. Clemson vs. Alabama (in Atlanta; August 30th): How good is Clemson? We’ll find out in the season opener.
2. Florida @ Florida State (November 29th): After getting embarrassed in the Swamp last year, can the ‘Noles knock off the Gators?
3. North Carolina @ Rutgers (September 11th): Some people think Carolina can give Virginia Tech a run. This game will be a good early gauge for UNC.
Key Conference Games
Atlantic: Clemson @ Wake Forest (October 9th): Wake’s lost the last two in this series, and they’ll need to protect their turf if they want to play for the ACC crown.
Coastal: Virginia Tech @ North Carolina (September 20th): Nine days after Rutgers the Heels get the division favorites in Chapel Hill. The winner is in good shape to win the Coastal.
How they’ll finish
Atlantic: 1. Clemson Coastal: 1. Virginia Tech
2. Wake Forest 2. Miami
3. Florida State 3. North Carolina
4. Maryland 4. Georgia Tech
5. Boston College 5. Virginia
6. NC State 6. Duke