Team Previews: #1 Duke -- #16 UAPB
Vegas Odds: Duke -23 Bet at bodog
Why UAPB will win:
The big three for Duke all manage to go scoreless while Tavaris Washington, Terrance Calvin and Savalance Townsend lead the Golden Lions with the performances of their lives.
Golden Lion to Watch:
Tavaris Washington, G - 10 ppg, 5 rpg, 2 apg
He’s only their fourth-leading scorer but UAPB can ill-afford Washington turning the ball over six times as he did in Tuesday’s 61-44 win over Winthrop. To say the least: Duke isn’t Winthrop. He and Calvin will need to be on fire from the word “go” if UAPB is to stick around.
Why Duke will win:
No 16 has ever beaten a 1; you simply don’t pick something like that until you get visual proof that it’s happened. The big three will simply be too much for the Golden Lions.
Blue Devil to Watch:
Brian Zoubek, C - 5 ppg, 7 rpg, 1 apg
Jon Scheyer, Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith are the known quantities for Mike Krzyzewski. But if Duke is to have any serious staying power in the tournament they’re going to need the seven-footer to play at his best. The hope here is that he gets his final tournament off to a good start.
How it will go down:
UAPB will ride the early wave of
emotion but having played on Tuesday combined with going against a team that can
shoot will simply be too much.
Betting Pick: Duke
Real Pick: Duke
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1