Preview & Prediction: By Douglas Phillabaum
The New Year gets started in a big way as #13
Villanova (12-1) heads to Wisconsin to face #25 Marquette (11-2)
in its Big East conference opener. The three losses for these two teams are
telling: Texas, Tennessee, and Dayton--all NCAA Tourney-bound teams.
However, neither team has a strong win on its resume and only one team can
earn that signature win today. Both teams play 3-guard lineups, with
Villanova having a slight edge in size and overall talent. Villanova's Dante
Cunningham (a veteran forward averaging 16.9 ppg) will be the key player to
watch. Villanova has won games without Cunningham leading the way in
scoring, but against a smaller Marquette squad (Lazar Hayward being their
only forward) Cunningham should shine.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1
About Douglas Phillabaum
Need to update info...