Jodie Meeks: UK Records
Meeks broke a bunch of UK records in his 46 point outburst this weekend.. some notes from UK Media Relations:
- Meeks recorded career highs in points (46), field goals (14), three-point field goals (9), three-point field goals attempted (14) and tied a season high in steals (4) leading Kentucky to a 93-69 win over Appalachian State in Louisville
- Meeks' 46 points were the most ever scored by a Wildcat in Freedom Hall, which spans 73 games and over 30 years and the sixth most scored in a game by a Wildcat
- It was the most points by a Wildcat since Dan Issel notched 47 at Alabama in 1970
- It was also the most by a Southeastern Conference player since Shaqille O'Neal scored 53 against Arkansas State on Dec. 18, 1990
- Not only did the junior from Norcross, Ga. smash his previous scoring mark, but he also tied the school record for three-pointers with nine, held by Tony Delk. Delk accomplished the feat against TCU?on Jan. 20, 1996.