The Story: Tennessee freshman point guard Daniel West has been ruled academically ineligible for this season. He had not practiced with the team since workouts began on October 17 due to his eligibility clearance issue. Coach Bruce Pearl insisted that West had done well in summer courses and that he did not expect this problem to arise. "The frustration is he passed many checks and balances and was in summer school and did very well," Pearl said.
NORMAL, Ill. – Illinois State freshman Kenyon Smith failed to meet the NCAA's minimum academic eligibility standards and won't be allowed to play on the Redbird men’s basketball team this season.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Junior guard Patrick Beverley will not compete for the Razorbacks in the 2008-09 basketball season.
The University of Arkansas, including its administrators and coaches, will have no further comment due to student privacy laws.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1