Pearl leveraged prospects of a job at Memphis into a six-year extension that will gross him about $3.25 per. The University of Tennessee has shown its commitment to the men’s basketball program by re-negotiating Pearl’s contract, building a new basketball complex and renovating its arena. It’s time to see some serious results.
Portrayed for 23-years as an ignorant martyr of the anti-drug movement, Len Bias will be portrayed in a new light in a documentary, to be released June 19. The film features interviews with his teammates, friends and family as well as witnesses to Bias’ overdose. Perhaps the docu’s most important revelation is that Bias dabbled in cocaine use several times before his death.
by Lang Whitaker
First of all, I need to say a brief word to our friends here at KING magazine. You may or may not have heard that KING magazine ceased to exist yesterday, yet another in a seemingly endless list of publications hit hard by the current economy (or lack of an economy). Regardless of what you may have felt about the content in KING, it always sucks to see a lot of good people suddenly out of work. Hang in there, KING folk.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1