by Holly MacKenzie
A bunch of games yesterday, but my focus was firmly on the Raptors/Bulls contest. I was at the game and spotted an empty seat courtside on press row (I’m usually in a different press section), and emailed Raptors PR who told me to make the move, so I was able to watch Derrick Rose, and Ben Gordon in action and watching them will their team back from 18-down was something.
Stephen’s younger bro is not down with the mid-major scene anymore; he’ll be in the ACC (Cameron, to be exact) for the 2010-11 season.
As the NCAA Tourney winds down and 64 teams are whittled down to 1 (I see you, Scottie Reynolds), we continue to unveil Old School SLAM stories that are on-point. This week we take a look back at the ’76-77 NCAA Champs, Marquette. Now known for Dwyane Wade, Tom Crean and their unique jerseys, Al McGuire’s Marquette team was once the champs. Here is how SLAM recaptured that title game in SLAM #59.–Tzvi Twersky
by Ryan Jones
by Eric Woodyard
“It’s cool to love to win but it’s better to hate to lose…”
— Nas, The N—-r Tape (2008)
If there’s one thing that can be said about Kobe Bryant, it is that he hates to lose. With such a burning desire to rise above the competition, why would he even think about a negative outcome?
Were you expecting anything different?: “For the first time collectively, the Charlotte Bobcats are playing for actual stakes – the last spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Half of the eight-man rotation hasn’t done this before. They’re not managing it well, as losses to Minnesota, Indiana and Washington demonstrate. And time is running out with 11 games left in the season. ‘There’s definitely something to that,’ shooting guard Raja Bell said at practice Thursday.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1