Trying to avert one of sports’ all-time worst injuries isn’t easy, but Livingston is making progress. He’ll be in uniform for the Thunder’s remaining nine games: “The Oklahoma City Thunder announced Tuesday that it has signed point guard Shaun Livingston, the former No. 4 overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, to a multiyear contract.”
Hungry for that elusive Playoff series win: “For Anthony, winning a playoff series is one of the few things not on his resume. Even more troubling, the Nuggets are a pathetic 4-20 in the playoffs during Anthony’s tenure, although he did miss one loss as a rookie in 2004 due to a knee injury. ‘Any great player is based upon what they do in the playoffs,’ Anthony said.
If Sergio Rodriguez doesn’t get more playing time soon, it might be a bit hard for his coach to travel around Spain in the future: “Journalist friend Quique Peinado from Marca - Spain’s largest newspaper - checked in last week to inform that the newspaper’s website ran a poll asking readers to vote whether Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan doesn’t play Sergio Rodriguez because he has something personal against him.
The kid, according to his former coach, just couldn’t handle the pressure: “I was happy Adam got to leave because he was never comfortable here. You were hoping it would be a new lease on life for him. I still think it can be,” said Brown of the Feb. 7 trade that dealt Morrison to the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Suns’ rookie big man learns that more toughness is expected of him: “Put somebody on their (expletive) back,” O’Neal said he told Lopez. “Don’t let anybody oopsy-doopsy layup on you and be laughing at you. Have you ever seen me get dunked on? No, because I put (expletive) on their backs. Period. If you’re going to be a big man, be a big man. Don’t be out there (expletive) around. Lay somebody on their (expletive) back. Period.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1