The Story: Blake Griffin, the leading rebounder in the nation, was the only unanimous selection for the All-American team. Griffin received 71 first-team votes. The voters submit the ballots before the NCAA tournament. The Sooners were bounced from the tournament yesterday by North Carolina, led by fellow All-American Tyler Hansbrough. Hansbrough was a unanimous selection last year while also being named the consensus player of the year as a junior. This is the fourth straight season that he has earned All-American honors.
Each week, I pose a Question of the Week for you the reader to chew on and digest..
This Week's Question: Who is North Carolina's Best Pro Prospect?
North Carolina senior Tyler Hansbrough, CHN's reigning Player of the Year, is the dominating force leading CollegeHoops.net's 2008-09 Preseason All-America Teams. Besides Hansbrough, other returning CHN All-Americans include Luke Harangody (2nd Team last year), Darren Collison (3rd Team), Stephen Curry (4th Team), and AJ Price (4th Team).
Clip of the Day
Thanks to the genius of YouTube, the world has access to thousands of great college basketball videos to watch every second. Every day (or so) we'll feature a new movie to whet your college basketball appetite. Even if you've seen them before, some clips are just too good not to watch again and again.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1