Thanks to a phenomenal second half from freshman Karon Abraham we may be well on the way to separation within the Northeast Conference. In a matchup of two teams with one league loss Abraham scored twenty second-half points in Robert Morris' 80-73 win over Fairleigh Dickinson (4-13, 3-2) in Moon Township. The Colonials (9-8, 4-1) did a better job rebounding and scoring in the paint in the final twenty minutes and that was the difference. FDU, who was led by Alvin Mofunanya's 22 points, had their three-game win streak ended and fell to 3-2 in NEC play.
Included on Wednesday's area schedule are a pair of Big East games that the home teams can't afford to perform poorly in given the the pulse of the public. St. John's hosts Cincinnati in the first game of a doubleheader at Madison Square Garden, a game that many will watch because of the return of Brooklyn native Lance Stephenson. Stephenson had a few things to say in regards to why he chose Cincinnati instead of St. John's, but the Red Storm have more important things to worry about with their offensive efficiency being the chief concern.
Maryland Terrapins(10-4 overall, 1-0ACC)
Wake Forest Demon Deacons(11-3 overall, 1-1 ACC)
Tuesday 8PM, Lawrence Joel Coliseum, Winston Salem, NC
Leading scorer: MD: Greivis Vasquez 17.6ppg Wake: Al-Farouq Aminu 16.8ppg
Last game: MD: def Florida St. 77-68 Wake: lost to Miami 67-66
PF: MD:79.8 Wake: 76.8 PA: MD: 64.9 Wake: 65.2
Maryland is 3-0 on the road, Wake is 7-1 at home.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1