DAYTON (11-4, 1-0 A-10) AT TEMPLE (10-3, 0-0 A-10)
Time/TV: 4 p.m./CBS Sports
Location: Liacouras Center
RPI Rankings: Dayton 26; Temple 17.
Line: Temple -7
Dayton Players to Watch: G Kevin Dillard, 6-0 Jr. (12.2 ppg, 5.4 apg, 2 spg); F/C Josh Benson, 6-9 Jr. (10.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 61% FG); G Paul Williams, 6-4 Sr. (9.6 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 41% 3s). Williams scored six of his 11 points in overtime of Wednesday’s overtime win over Saint Louis.
Temple Players to Watch: G Ramone Moore, 6-4 Sr. (16.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.8 apg); G Khalif Wyatt, 6-4 Jr. (14.8 ppg, 2.7 apg, 39.3% 3s); G Juan Fernandez, 6-4 Sr. (12.6 ppg, 4.2 apg, 39% 3s). Wyatt scored 22 points, including two key 3-pointers, in the Owls’ 78-73 upset of No.3 Duke on Thursday.
Storyline: Dayton opened Atlantic 10 play with an overtime win over Saint Louis. The contest is Temple’s conference opener. Both teams figure to contend for the A-10 title.
Keys to Victory: Dayton has a clear advantage in the middle and shoots high percentages from the field. With Wyatt, Fernandez and Moore, Temple is stronger on the perimeter. The unit that plays better likely gets the victory.
The Bottom Line: Both teams are on a high after knocking off strong teams this week. With home-court advantage, it’s likely the Owls who get their fifth straight win on Saturday.
The Pick: Temple 75, Dayton 67.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1