UGroups Information/Test Group
** Blog About what You Love
- The key component to UGroups is that you can have your own forum to discuss the teams & leagues you love. Sure, other sites like BleacherReport allow fans to post their content.. but the reality is that your work will most likely never be read there.. unless its about the NBA or Fantasy Football. CollegeHoops.net is all about our love for college basketball, and you can be sure like-minding die-hard fans will be listening to what you have to say.
- Besides the UGroup, your work will also be archived at the "track" page of your profile, so you have easy access to show off your work.
** Create content
- Favorite Links/Current Events
- You can post one time or all day long. Note that UGroup stories are fed to CHN's frontpage and other places so you can be sure people are reading your work.
** Community of Fans
- Check out the network of fans that have joined your UGroup. You can contact them or interact through comments and discussion.
- A message board for each UGroup will be going live soon.
- Try and make your UGroup the largest on CHN. See the list of all groups and how many members each has.
** Subscribe to UGroup RSS Feeds/Email Alerts
- Get updated whenever there's new content in your UGroup (optional)
- All UGroups have an Editor who is reponsible for leading the discussion, maintaining quality standards, and being active in promoting their respective UGroup.
- If you'd like to manage a UGroup on any topic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desires, background, and preferred topic.
- Note that if you have your own personal blog, we allow you to republish work here and use CHN as a forum to promote your own sites!
- Managers' biography and favorite links show up on the UGroup homepage and contributed content. A good way to get your name out there.
** Get CHN Points for posting content
- 10 points for posting a new blog or article
- 8 points for starting a forum topic
- 6 points for posting a picture or a poll.
- 4 points for commenting on an article
- 2 points for rating content
- Rise up the CHN Points Leaderboard
** Invite fellow fans to join your UGroup
** Prove You're a Fan
You can visit the first sample UGroup about NYC Metro Hoops to see what this is all about. The NYC Metro Hoops UGroup is edited by Raphielle Johnson, who is responsible for managing the.
For any questions about UGroups, support issues, suggestions, or more.. simply join the Info UGroup and post a new blog (or you can always email email@example.com if you're gun shy). Try out all the features!
This is a sample UGroup image post. I joined the UGroup, clicked on add a UGroup Image, uploaded the picture using the add-on icon, selected it, and voila.. a new picture for all to see. Try it out!
About Shawn Siegel
Shawn Siegel - Head Editor
Shawn Siegel created CollegeHoops.net (formerly collegehoopsnet.com) back in the summer of 2002, and it has since grown into the web's largest independent college basketball site, visited by over 1,000,000 visitors per year. Shawn is responsible for the CHN Top 50,Bracketology projections (he is ranked the #1 Bracketologist over the last 4 years), as well the NBA Mock Draft.
Shawn's college basketball and NBA Draft commentary has been quoted in dozens of national newspapers, and he's been a featured guest on numerous radio programs.
After graduating from Washington University and Washington University Law School before, Shawn passed the New Jersey Bar exam but no longer practices Law. For more on his background, visit his
Please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org with all media requests, advertising inquiries, and partnership opportunities.
New York City