Vegas Odds: Texas -5
Bet at bodog
Why Wake Forest will win: They’ve got a point guard in Ishmael Smith who is more than capable of running the show. Last year’s tournament failure should be enough to wake up the likes of Al-Farouq Aminu; they have enough pride to make sure they don’t go down without some sort of fight.
Demon Deacon to Watch: F Al-Farouq Aminu - 16 ppg, 11 rpg, 1 apg
No sugar-coating the fact that Dino
Gaudio needs Aminu to be fully engaged in the game if Wake Forest is to have a
shot against Damion James up front.
Why Texas will win: Their backcourt will rise to the challenge and be the difference in a game that’s rather evenly matched. Damion James will be too much for Wake Forest to handle, especially with a seemingly disinterested Al-Farouq Aminu on the floor.
Longhorn to Watch: G J’Covan Brown - 9 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg
The Longhorns have struggled at the
point of late and that’s contributed to their poor play in the second half of
the Big 12 schedule. One of Rick Barnes’ guards will have to step up and produce
at the point, and in regards to his skill set Brown may be the best equipped to
How it will go down: This one’s going down to the wire but Smith’s experience combined with a rejuvenated Aminu will be the difference. The Deacs also have the depth up front to match up with Texas in that area as well, and in March you go with the more experienced backcourt.
Betting Pick: Wake Forest +5
Real Pick: Wake Forest
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1