Vegas Odds: Wisconsin -10 -- Bet at bodog
Why Wofford will win:
Wofford's won 19 of 20 of games, and the lone loss was at a quality Charleston team by just 2 points (ask UNC about playing at Charleston.) Wofford played Pitt to within just 3 points on the road, 12 at Michigan St, and 14 at Illinois, so they can hang with the big boys and those losses were before the Terriers got hot.
Terrier to Watch:
Jamar Diggs, G - 9 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 apg
Diggs, a transfer, started the season slowly but when he finally hit his stride, Wofford took off and hasn't looked back. While not a dominant outside shooter, he has a knack for getting to the line, which is a sign that their offense is clicking.
Why Wisconsin will win:
Wisconsin's beaten 7 tournament teams while Wofford's beaten 0. The Badgers are Top 20 in the country in offensive & defensive efficiency and do an extremely good job of preventing turnovers. Plus Jon Leuer is back and Trevon Hughes is the best player on the court.
Badger to Watch:
Jon Leuer - 15 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 apg
A breakout player this season, Leuer missed about a month of the season and is only getting back to 100%. Leuer is a good 4-5 inches taller then Wofford's bigs, and although he's the type of player that dominates with size, he still has an edge.
How it will go down:
Although Wisconsin has a very efficient offense, they don't push the tempo and this should allow Wofford to remain close even if the Terriers aren't particularly hot from the outside.
Betting Pick: Wofford
Real Pick: Wisconsin
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1